Monday, 27 May 2013 20:14
Envirocentre, the contractor for the City of Ottawa's Bike to Work month has been out and and about with the bike trailer. The bike trailer is actually on loan from Citizens for Safe Cycling, with modified side panels for the Bike to Work month. Did you know that the bike bars in the logo initially had the grips pointing upwards, like a mountain bike? We suggested to make it more city bikey so the designer pointed them towards the cyclist....
The folks have been all over the city this year, actively promoting cycling at (to) the work places.
Here is a quick update that we received today from Envirocentre for those who signed up for the contest already:
Here are some highlights of the month so far:
- · 1,260 participants in the online contest
- · 53 workplace teams
- · 11 BikeMobile stops, with cycling resources and giveaways
- · Media launch and opening of the O-Train Pathway
- · 10 workplace Lunch and Learns
- · Launch of Bike Buddies program
- · Launch of Bike-Friendly Business Designation
- · Workplace profiles: check the Recent News page for your team photo and write-up!
Thanks again for your enthusiasm and encouragement, and we wish you an excellent last week of Bike to Work Month (although we bet you’ll be cycling all summer!).
The Bike to Work Month Team
Community Sustainability Programs
enviroboutique 366 rue Rideau Street, Ottawa K1N 5Y8
The Enviroboutique also sells our bike seat rain covers.